South East Conservation and Restoration
South East Conservation and Restoration (SECR) was established in 1997 in Sydney in
response to demand for a professional conservation service dealing with privately owned
objects. SECR is operated by Megan Jordan-Jones and Stephen Jackson, professional
conservators that have worked in leading Australian cultural institutions and as
private practitioners. SECR has experience treating a diversity of materials
including: decorative arts, technology objects, maritime artifacts, furniture,
relics, ethnographic, natural and social history items, sculptures, monuments and
architectural material. Our comprehensive service includes:
Condition assessment and documentation
- Examination and testing of objects to establish preventive or remedial conservation requirements.
- Development of long term conservation plans.
- Production of comprehensive written and photographic documentation in a variety of formats: hard copy (standard or archival) or electronic documents.
- Treatment of objects suffering the effects of inherent vice or accidental damage, these treatments may vary from surface cleaning to full restoration to current conservation standards.
- Environmental surveys including assessment of temperature, relative humidity, light & UV, pollutants, insects and pests.
- Pest eradication, Integrated Pest Management.
- Design and installation of storage systems.
- Archival housing and cases.
- Disaster Preparedness plans.
- Design and manufacture of display supports and transportation cases.
- Object handling and installation.
- Display material advice.